- Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Additional Location(s) Ottawa and Toronto
- Area of Interest Marketing and Communications
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest *None
- Job Id 1237648
What You'll Do
Combine high-touch, Account-Based Marketing principles - focusing marketing activities on high-potential specific/named accounts - and high-scale optimization of programs and campaigns for Canada’s Public Sector market segments, including government and education.
Work closely with marketing peers and Cisco Sales to set marketing strategy and leverage and/or develop marketing programs that drive customer engagements and opportunities, create a pipeline, and deliver revenue impact. Target high-potential public sector accounts using available market and customer data, expand customer contacts, creating customer engagements, and growing marketing-sourced pipeline and bookings.
As a fluently bilingual English/French speaker, assist in spot/ad hoc marketing content translation and overall Canada marketing Francisation efforts and act as point on 2-3 major Montreal-based events per year.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Cisco’s portfolio
- Build annual and quarterly plans that align with the Public Sector Sales team's priorities
- Assess and target the highest return customers, segments and buyer personas
- Own the marketing strategy for Public Sector in Canada; using data, build prescriptive, targeted execution strategies, using global programs where possible and creating locally where necessary.
- Prescribe and manage delivery of unique Public Sector content not already available
- Adapt an omnichannel Marketing Channel / Communication mix (including digital marketing) to align with customers’ buying process across Canada
- Conduct quantifiable analysis of marketing program results and champion enhancements and optimization based on return on investment and Revenue Marketing methodology
- Handle occasional marketing-related French translation projects/consultations (we have translations services for most needs) and be a resource to the Montreal-based Francisation team
- Lead 2-3 major Montreal-based events throughout the fiscal year, in partnership with Sales leadership and the Canada event marketing team.
Who You'll Work With
Partnering with the insights team, you will need to study and leverage data about Canada Public Sector customers, using Sales’ priorities to guide targeting and plans. As we reach out high-potential customers online, you will use a persona-based approach and implement an optimized customer experience.
Key Public Sector Sales leaders will be your primary internal partners, across many levels and groups like Region/vertical leaders, direct sellers, partner channels, engineers and extended technical and business outcome sellers. Our reseller and ecosystem partners are a critical part of our go-to-market activities.
Finally, you will collaborate across the Cisco marketing organization– including corporate/global, regional, Content, Digital, Programs, Event, customer experience managers and Marketing Communications teams. We also partner various Cisco product Business Entities Marketing teams and external parties such as channel partners, eco-partners and vendors.
Who You Are
- 5 years field marketing experience / exposure in B2B environment, preferably in Canada’s Public Sector market
- 4-5+ years’ experience working in the tech industry, optimally in organizations selling through a channel
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in marketing, communications, management or general business is preferred
- Experience setting a marketing strategy aligned with sales priorities and executing marketing programs, campaigns and events to build awareness, drive demand, deliver quality sales leads, and foster customer loyalty and adoption
- Consultative / advisory approach and mindset with shown ability to champion change, influence, persuade and provide divergent thinking that influences sales
- Innovator / orchestrator who can influence, lead and orchestrate matrixed colleagues, programs, events, campaigns, and workstreams in a virtual and matrixed environment
- Experience in “modern field marketing”, including: digital, omni/multi-channel, customer experience, social selling, data-driven plans, applied customer insights, marketing technology (i.e., Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, Bluekai)
- Experience in communicating, negotiating and influencing others with confidence, poise and credibility, spanning senior executive to field account managers, and comfortable navigating challenging conversations where your audience seeks to understand
- Able to travel 15-20% of time across Canada
- Experience in scoping and executing successful demand generation programs, events and other activities that support each stage of the customer buying cycle
- Fluent bi-lingual English/French speaker and writer
- Change management experience - leading, supporting and representing with confidence to the sales team and other colleagues changing marketing processes, investment decision-making, resource allocation and using data to shape priorities
- Personalizing marketing content to fit the uniqueness of Canada Public Sector customers
- Reviewing, analyzing, and presenting program, campaign, and event success metrics
At Cisco Canada, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and makes a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!