Reports to: CXO
Manages: UX Team
Works with: Software Development and Product Management
We’re looking for a full-time UX Manager to help shape, nurture, and grow the UX team in a fast-paced, growth stage SaaS company. Reporting to the CXO, the UX Manager will help the company craft delightful experiences for users by empowering a talented team of researchers and designers with the tools, training, and support they need to rock their projects.
Our new UX Manager must be a natural leader; empathetic, inquisitive, communicative, and have a positive outcome-oriented viewpoint. Additionally, the manager we seek should be organized, flexible, transparent, and able to connect the dots before others even realize they’re there. When duty calls, the manager can step in and get into the nitty gritty; unblocking key decisions, driving process, and filling gaps in deliverables.
Our mission is simple; help teams in small and mid-sized organizations stay in control of the health and performance of their business by monitoring the data they need to make quick, informed decisions. If you’re ready to help us get there, this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Lead a team of 6 talented resources and orchestrate team expansion
- Coach, nurture, and guide resources to grow personally and professionally
- Evangelize and educate on good design practices and methodology to deepen the integration of design into product strategy and execution
- Foster and promote a strong user experience culture within the team and throughout the company
- Facilitate decision-making for project teams around the intersection of user experience, business interests, and technical matters
- Set and manage budget for tools, training, and team support
- Reinforce connection between purpose, vision, and mission and everyday tasks
- Identify gaps in execution of mission, connect the dots between projects, and get hands dirty when required
- Help create and maintain a positive, supportive, and inspiring environment
- Help the team establish personal brands, set objectives, and measure results
- A successful history of team management, ideally in a smaller company
- Expertise and experience in crafting great product UX
- Gifted storyteller
- Energized by the unknown; asks questions, seeks answers, and always learning
- Results-driven approach to addressing challenges
- Deep expertise in one of the following UX-related disciplines: research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, usability testing, writing, visual design, or UX strategist
- Sense of humour
- Background in product design for consumers or enterprise
- Experience with BI, mobile, AI, or social products
Send your resume to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "UX Manager".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.