Reports to: CXO
Works with: UX Designers, Developers, Researchers, Product Management
Level: Junior to Intermediate
Creating delightful experiences for users is at the very heart of our company’s DNA. No joke - the founders are both designers. Before we even wrote the first line of code we agonized over our UIs and the delivery of value to our customers. And we continue to do it every day.
We’re looking for a “T-shaped” UX Designer. Sounds painful, no? Here’s what we mean - we need a talented and skilled UX generalist who can not only move a project forward from start to finish, but who also has deep understanding and experience with Visual Design.
Our mission is simple; help teams in small and mid-sized organizations stay in control of the health and performance of their business by monitoring the data they need to make quick, informed decisions. If you’re ready to help us get there, this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Create - from concept through iteration to production - beautiful and engaging user interfaces with strong graphic and motion components that reflect and positively extend the Klipfolio brand to our products.
- Work with marketing to develop, refine, translate, and communicate the Klipfolio visual identity as a visual language for our application UIs.
- Contribute to the expansion and evolution of the Klipfolio UI Style Guide and Design System.
- Use established information design principles to build incredible dashboards for customers and internal projects.
- Collaborate with interaction designers to add value to their screen layouts, flows, patterns, motion, and other interactive elements.
- Do fun odd jobs for other departments that add visual design value.
- Solid aptitude for the following UX sub disciplines outside of visual design: interaction design; motion design; information architecture; content; and prototyping.
- Fluency in modern best practices for visual design and exceptional familiarity with visual design trends for the web.
- Solid understanding and interest in HTML, CSS, responsive design, and UI frameworks.
- Exceptionally strong aesthetic sensibility.
- Experience designing for multiple contexts such as mobile, desktop, tablet and TV.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other relevant visual design tools.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to articulate the rationale for design decisions.
- 1+ year practical experience with web or mobile visual design.
- CSS/HTML/JS skills are an asset.
- Experience with design guides and design systems/frameworks an asset.
Send your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Visual Designer".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.