The Accounting Manager is responsible for an accounting team of 2 direct reports supporting multiple domestic and international locations. Primary responsibilities include: direct supervision of the team; overseeing the month end reporting; taxation and assisting with the budget. This is a hands on position that requires strong technical accounting skills coupled with industry and operational experience.
- Manage revenue recognition for the Embedded Computing business;
- Manage monthly and quarterly close processes;
- Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations;
- Prepare statutory financial statements;
- Identify, analyze, investigate and resolve complex accounting issues under US GAAP;
- Working across the Embedded Computing business to provide technical research, coordination of Sarbanes Oxley reports and memorandums;
- Prepare and provide input into ad hoc requests as required by Senior Division or Corporate Management;
- Ensure completion of tax returns;
- Work closely with management and finance team on published financial results;
- Overall responsibility for cash management for Shared Services organization including: implementing new banking arrangements, cash forecasting, day to day banking and currency conversion;
- Determines financial reporting process improvements for Defense Solutions and provides strategic insight/ suggestions to DS Finance Leadership;
- Manage direction and priorities for staff based on requirements flow down. Prepares employee performance reviews, and provides guidance and feedback
- Assist with collecting and analyzing data, understanding significance, explaining issues, and recommending solutions
- Assist with the annual audit
- Assist with the annual budget and forecasting processes
- Assists with mergers and acquisitions as required by the DS Group Controller.
- A post secondary diploma/degree from a college or university in Accounting and or Business
- A professional accounting designation: CPA
- 5-7 years of related experience preferably in a manufacturing or high tech environment
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Sound technical Accounting ability, including ability to work with integrated ERP systems preferably SAP R/3 expertise
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills to collect data, understand significance, explain issues, and recommend solutions
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including the ability to develop and write procedures
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, ability to work with cross-functional teams and to train staff to follow procedures and use system tools
- Ability to embrace change with enthusiasm for continuous improvement
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact HR opens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.