As a Top 25 Great Place to Work recipient, AON Hewitt Best Employer, and one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way that viewers experience TV across mobile, tablet and streaming devices. Interested in building the future of TV? Our Customer Success team is growing! We're looking for Developers that love a fast-paced, challenging environment. Role & Responsibilities
The Maintenance & Support (M&S) Developer is instrumental in supporting the long term success of You.i TV's clients and partners and ensuring technical issues they encounter with You.i TV products are resolved quickly and accurately. They will:
What you'll do...
- Own the end-to-end resolution of complex code-level and application-usability issues with applications developed by You.i TV from handling the initial customer contact to coding the final solution.
- Act as Primary Technical Contact, supporting clients and partners developing their own applications on You.i Engine, researching root causes of problems they encounter and developing creative and reliable solutions to rapidly address them.
- Capture resolutions of issues for inclusion in You.i TV's customer facing self-help tools and actively participating in community discussions.
- The M&S Developer is a software developer, customer mentor and private detective.
Skills & Experience
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve complex technical issues on mobile, console, and TV applications.
- Create software fixes for bugs in in-market, You.i developed applications, following established agile software development practices, patterns and principles.
- Work directly with clients to develop creative solutions, including code samples, snippets, and development and usage best practices.
- Be responsible for end-to-end management of clients’ cases, ensuring service level and client satisfaction targets are met and case documentation is accurately recorded and updated.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the You.i Engine and SDK and associated TV Everywhere technologies and trends.
- Identify trends and common issues affecting clients, actively participating in You.i’s communities, providing information, guidance and leadership to help developers resolve their own issues more effectively.
The ideal candidate
- A degree in Software Engineering or Computing or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years in software development (preferably in C++ with OOP and software design), client-facing, or developer support role.
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android, xBox, Playstation, Smart TV’s.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in debugging complex applications with multiple languages (C/C++. Java, Objective-C, etc.)
- Highly self motivated and self confident with a focus on exceptional performance
- Exhibits a genuine sense of urgency in addressing client issues.
- Focused on driving the highest levels of client satisfaction and client engagement; always happy to go the extra mile.
- A keen learner and naturally inquisitive; constantly seeks to grow their knowledge.
- Naturally outgoing; enjoys collaborating with others to deliver amazing results.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, comfortable with complexity; able to colour outside the lines.
Streaming video on multiple screens is the new normal and the TV industry is changing at a rapid pace. Brands such as NBA, Disney, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, and Fox have already turned to You.i TV to develop and deploy their suite of TV applications across mobile, tablet, game consoles, streaming devices, and Smart TVs.
You.i TV welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Keep up on all things You.i TV by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.