Lixar is looking for a Senior Java Developer to become part of our team. As a Senior Developer, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will have:
- 6+ years previous Java development experience
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on long-term enterprise projects (more than one year) that involved at least four or more team members
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with clients
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Leadership skills, experience in mentoring team members
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM)
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services, XML, EJBs, JDBC, RDBMS, SQL
- Understanding of development frameworks such as, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tiles
- Application server experience (e.g. Jboss, Tomcat)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Cruise Control)
- Experience with test automation frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, TestNG, JMeter)
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience working in a small company where team work is paramount
- Exposure to Mobile application development
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Objective C, Android SDK
- Familiarity with MacOSX and other UNIX based Operating Systems
- Development tools: Maven, JIRA, Git, Confluence
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have “attention to detail” as your middle name
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Exceptional client communication skills
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.