Lixar is looking for a bright individual with a unique mix of creativity, data visualization experience, and database skills. On our Data & Analytics team, you’ll work with subject matter experts in Data Science and Engineering to deliver data-driven features for a wide variety of different customers, platforms, and business domains.
As an experienced Data Visualization Analyst, you have:
- Solid experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau & Power BI
- A high level of comfort with relational databases and solid SQL skills
- A commitment to producing work that is visually appealing on the surface, but also draws you in and tells a clear, contextual story
- An insatiable curiosity and a desire to visually explore data
- An understanding that good data visualizations are informative, but great visualizations have interactive and exploratory elements to them as well
- Strong communication skills – an ability to build a narrative around data and reveal its value to customers in both the work itself and presentations
- The vision to help a client identify a strategic direction and the skill to keep efforts and discussions focused
Preferably, you also have:
- 3+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in an analytics and/or visualization function
- A general understanding of programming
- Some exposure to Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Business acumen – understand business drivers and have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with Business Analysts and customers to understand their data and analytics needs, and define project goals and deliverables
- Writing sophisticated SQL queries to extract data and build complex models
- Collaborating with experts in machine learning and predictive analysis to gather data, explore and analyze the data, and develop solutions for the customer
- Designing interactive data visualizations and software features that allow customers to interpret and explore their data in an intuitive manner
- Presenting visualizations to prospective clients showcasing potential and generating excitement over data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.