Assent is a world leader in helping organizations efficiently meet their global compliance commitments. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and engaged team with a passion to make the world’s best compliance software. As a result of our success we are expanding once again. We are looking for a full-time permanent Product Manager.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, the Product Manager will play a significant role in evolving Assent’s product strategy. You will work closely with our Development, Sales and Marketing teams. Product ownership, defining requirements and interfacing with our clients (including many Fortune 500 companies) form the basis of this pivotal role.
You will strive to deliver world class capabilities aligned with customer needs within the Assent Compliance Management suite, which includes Ethical Sourcing, Anti-Human Trafficking, Materials Management and Supply Chain Transparency products.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities
- Being a champion/evangelist for your product, and defining your vision for it
- Ownership of product roadmap and evolution
- Delivery of core requirements to development teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders to bring consensus
- Ability to work in Agile environments
- Driving and facilitating the proper allocation of Development resources
- Developing and orchestrating the execution of company-wide go-to-market plans
- Analyzing potential partner relationships
- Conducting competitive Product Analysis
- Collaboratively developing product marketing material
- Collaboration with Sales and Marketing departments
- Thinking strategically, but also getting into the details when necessary
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable
This is not an exhaustive list of duties. Responsibilities may be altered and/or added from time to time to meet business needs.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We strongly value your talent, energy and passion. It will also be valuable to Assent if you have the following qualifications,
- A University, College and/or Post Graduate Certificate in Business, Software Development or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Business Analysis, software development, sales or marketing experience would be considered an asset
- You understand the importance of documentation and process
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and to both finish short-term projects and to manage ongoing long-term strategies
- You are able to adapt quickly to changing business needs –situations can change, we want people who are highly adaptable and flexible- you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge - you are motivated to learn and keep yourself up-to-date with regards to changing regulations and client needs
- You are a strong team player, are always willing to lend a helping hand, and are motivated to contribute your expertise to a diverse pool of resources to support business goals
- You have grit - you are conscientious, driven, and will always work towards providing solutions over excuses
- You are emotionally intelligent - you are self-aware, can see things from various points of view, and self-regulate
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English - you communicate clearly, concisely and with tact
- Superb interpersonal skills - you are able to establish great cross-functional relationships in a collaborative team-based environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What We Offer You
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East End across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Assent is an equal opportunity employer.