Position Name: Human Resources Manager – Contract Position
Reports to: President
Division or Department: Human Resources
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronics are manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment that reflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP], a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper and its affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Lumenera needs an enthusiastic, hands-on, multi-tasking individual to join our team on a one year contract while the Vice President of HR is on parental leave. During this time the individual will be expected to lead HR activities at Lumenera. The focus will be performing day-to-day administrative services in a wide range of HR functions, supporting staff, maintaining current policies and programs, and expanding upon them as may be required.
The Human Resources Manager contributes to Lumenera’s HR program in the following areas:
- Participate in needs assessments with hiring managers as required, draft and post job descriptions, coordinate and lead the interviews
- Work with management to prepare offer packages
- New Employee Orientation
- Ensure resources for new hires are prepared in a timely manner
- Work with hiring manager to develop orientation schedule, including Lumenera University
- Provide initial orientation including review of the HR Orientation package, office tour, etc.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Administer Lumenera’s Benefit Programs
- Work with the Finance Manager on processing the bi-weekly payroll, including processes and administration for on-going and year end activities
- Health and Safety
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC), facilitate certification training, and develop related policies and processes
- Training and Development
- Coordinate annual mandatory online training
- Provide support to managers and employees requesting information/resources
- Performance Management
- Participate in probationary reviews by supporting hiring managers in their preparation
- Employee Relations
- Maintain a positive working relationship with employees at all levels, ensuring consistent and fair treatment in the application of HR policies and procedures
- Advise on and investigate employee relations issues where required
- Deployment of effective communication to all staff. Foster open communication through all staff meetings, roundtable discussions (as needed), one-on-one sessions, postings, notices, email, etc.
- Respond to inquiries on policies, procedures, and programs from all levels of the organization
- Interface with external HR lawyers on an as needed basis
- 5 - 7 years in a hands-on HR Manager role with a degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Experience in all aspects of the HR cycle: recruitment to exit
- Hands on payroll experience
- Experience with high tech and manufacturing environments
- Proven experience in employee relations
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, standards, etc.
- Professional, “can-do” attitude with a willingness to wear many hats
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- A cheerful, responsible, highly customer service oriented individual
- Proficient with the Office suite of products, with the aptitude to learn other software
The employee will be required to:
- Work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- Lift boxes up to 20lbs in weight
- Work alone from time to time
- Undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
- Work flexible hours as may be required for attendance at events
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision).
In most positions, we offer three weeks’ vacation to start. We also provide employees with five paid sick days per year. Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees. All of these benefits are available to employees after a three month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health and Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
Apply now | Top