If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 47958
The Diversified Analog Solutions team in Ottawa is developing wireless integrated circuit components and has a challenging opportunity for a current University Student available for a Co-Op work term. The Co-Op student will report to a senior engineering mentor assigned to her or him. The ideal student will be required to apply sound Engineering skills to a variety of tasks and project assignments in the area of electronics, design engineering, and semiconductor component test development.
Co-Op responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the research and development of advanced Analog and RF integrated circuits for wireless technology (WiFi).
• Circuit simulation, lab testing of circuits, presentation of design expectations/results, and participation in design reviews.
• Assist in new product engineering and design activities.
• Assist in new product testing and characterization, tuning, and microsurgery.
• Assisting full time engineering group members with their project assignments.
• Currently enrolled in a BS, MS (strongly preferred) or PhD program studying Electrical Engineering (graduating in 2019, 2020, 2021 - we will not consider students graduating in 2018)
• Knowledge of electronic circuits and principles
• An interest and aptitude in the art of RF/microwave and analog circuit design and measurement.
• An interest and aptitude in semiconductor device physics and integrated circuit design.
• Desirable knowledge/experience includes familiarity with ADS, Cadence, SPICE, or similar design tools.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel and Word) and have an aptitude for quickly learning other company-specific software.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
• Good communication, organization, and documentation skills.
This position will provide the student with a well-rounded introduction to the RF electronic component design environment and suits individuals seeking a career in the field of RF and analog integrated circuits.
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Network, Electrical, Telecom, Engineering, Technology