Come join us!
Are you a rock-star Software Developer? Show us!
Assent is the leader in cloud-based compliance automation software. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and engaged company of ‘make the world a better place’ software. As a result of our success and growth, we are expanding once again by adding to our Development Team. We are looking for a permanent, full-time Software Developer. If you’re the kind of person that truly enjoys being challenged and you thrive in an environment where everyday is different- keep reading!
As a Software Developer at Assent Compliance, you will work on the whole web development stack, from server to HTML. You will be responsible for creating new features, refactoring, and fixing bugs for Assent’s Compliance Management suite of tools. You will play a leading role in defining solutions to difficult problems.We’re looking for developers with a passion for software development, proven object-oriented design skills, the strength to produce quality code, and an ability to communicate with stakeholders on business requirements.
What you will do:
- Develop SW programs according to Assent’s software development life-cycle processes.
- Write code of quality and perform the debugging of new and existing features;
- Refactor existing code according to best practices
- Review code and make recommendations for design changes.
- Lead the development process for one or more features.
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards;
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
- Everyone at Assent are asked to contribute in a wide variety of ways to ensure company goals and priorities are achieved.
Who you are:
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious with innovative and creative problem-solving skills
- Well-organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Able to work effectively with other developers, compliance specialists, and designers
- Someone who understands the importance of documentation and process
What you should bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 8+ years development
- Advanced experience with the .NET framework
- Advanced experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience and strong knowledge of C#
- Unit Test experience
- Experience in MS SQL Server
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS and its development platform
- Familiarity of Agile practices and concepts
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with .NET Core
- Proven mentorship skills
- Practiced pair programming
- Knowledge of build pipelines
- DevOps experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to
apply skills will also be considered.
What We Offer:
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success. We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East End across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helpinghand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these
essential functions. Assent is an equal opportunity employer.