Spartan Bioscience is a leading biotech / biotechnology company in Ottawa, Ontario with a point-of-care medical device platform for DNA diagnostics. Spartan is seeking a motivated Reagent Manufacturing Technician to join Spartan’s experienced manufacturing team and help us bring the power of DNA testing to everyone.
Do you want to work on something that really matters? Spartan is bringing rapid, portable DNA testing to the world. Our sample-to-result technology enables unprecedented portability and convenience in applications such as infectious disease, pharmacogenetics, and food and water safety testing. Rapid DNA results improve lives. We need your help to make this world a reality.
• Assemble Spartan products in a laboratory environment according to the production schedule
• Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with cGMP and SOP requirements
• Maintain batch production records
• Basic inventory management
• Maintain workspace in a clean and high-functioning condition
• You are self-motivated and comfortable with repetitive tasks
• You are conscientious, organized, and meet deadlines
• You coordinate well between different departments
• You work well independently and as part of a team to accomplish production requirements
• You follow manufacturing instructions with a high attention to detail
• College degree in Biological Sciences (or a related field) or 2+ years of relevant experience
• Experience in a manufacturing and/or laboratory environment
• Experience with PCR is an asset
• Knowledge of manufacturing change control is an asset
• Knowledge of ISO13485, ISO9001 is an asset
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job position title in the subject line of your email.
Top 10 reasons to work at Spartan Bioscience:
1. We work because we believe in what we do. No one punches the clock.
2. Supportive team. We're here for each other. No lone wolves.
3. Comfortable dress code. Jeans and t-shirt if you're not meeting customers.
4. Balance work and play. You're allowed to have a life.
5. We get things done. No excuses. No red tape.
6. Speak your mind. Anyone may challenge the CEO.
7. Waste not, want not. We make the most out of what we have.
8. Meaningful mission. Faster DNA results improve lives.
9. Help make history. Bring the power of DNA testing to everyone.
10. There is such a thing as a free lunch after all. Company lunch every Friday.