Spartan Bioscience is a leading biotech / biotechnology company in Ottawa, Ontario with a point-of-care medical device platform for DNA diagnostics. Spartan is seeking an enthusiastic Python / Software Developer to join Spartan’s team of seasoned engineers.
Do you want to work on something that really matters? Spartan is bringing rapid, portable DNA testing to the world. Our sample-to-result technology enables unprecedented portability and convenience in applications such as infectious disease, pharmacogenetics, and food and water safety testing. Rapid DNA results improve lives. We need your help to make this world a reality.
• Extend and maintain the Python code-base that powers our DNA testing devices
• Our DNA testing device code-base runs on ARM Linux on a single board computer
• Extend and maintain Python based web-stacks that power Spartan’s internal tooling
• Our internal tooling code-bases run on x64 Linux with Nginx and Postgresql serving HTML/JS browser front-ends
• As part of working in a small team, you will have some responsibilities extending into requirements and specification capture as well as debug and testing of your projects
Qualifications (be very specific in your application):
• 3+ years Python development experience
• Experience developing in Linux environments
• Previously worked in a regulated environment (eg: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO/IEC 90003)
• Familiarity with C#
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job position title in the subject line of your email.