Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is empowering the wireless networking revolution. Our highly innovative analog semiconductors are connecting people, places and things spanning a number of new and previously unimagined applications. We possess broad technology capabilities and one of the most complete product portfolios in the industry. Our customers are global industry leaders who are driving innovative platforms that are changing the way we all live, work and play. Our global team collaborates daily to create the semiconductors the world relies on. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting career in a fast-paced environment, Skyworks offers a variety of roles in an environment that promotes prompt decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices and individual ownership. Here, you'll find minimal layers of management, open communication and mutual trust and respect.
Requisition ID: 47960
The Diversified Analog Solutions team in Ottawa is developing wireless integrated circuit components and has a challenging opportunity for a current University Student for a Co-Op work term. The successful candidate will report to a senior engineering mentor and will be required to apply sound engineering skills to a variety of tasks. Project assignments will be in electronics, RF integrated circuit design and semiconductor component test development.
• Contributing to the research and development of advanced analog and RF integrated circuits for wireless technology.
• Circuit simulation, lab testing of circuits, presentation of design expectations/results, and participation in design reviews.
• Assisting in new product engineering and design activities.
• Assisting in new product testing and characterization, tuning, and microsurgery.
• Assisting full time engineering group members with their project assignments.
• Completion of a small silicon RFIC design project.
• Currently enrolled in a BS, MS, or PhD program studying electrical engineering, students must be graduating in 2019, 2020 or 2021 (we will not consider those graduating in December 2018)
• Knowledge of electronic circuits and principles.
• An interest and aptitude in the art of RF/microwave and analog circuit design and measurement.
• An interest and aptitude in semiconductor device physics and integrated circuit design.
• Familiarity with simulation tools such as ADS, Cadence, SPICE, or similar will be beneficial
• Proficiency in the use of Excel and Word with an aptitude for quickly learning other proprietary software
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
• Good communication, organization, and documentation skills.
This position will provide the student with a well-rounded introduction to the RF electronic component design environment and suits individuals seeking a career in the field of RF and analog integrated circuits.
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Entry Level Engineer, Engineer, Network, Electrical, Engineering, Technology