As a Top 25 Great Place to Work® recipient and one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way users experience TV across mobile, tablet, and connected devices. Interested in building the future of TV? We’re looking for a UX Director
to join our amazing design team!
This is a great opportunity for innovators that value beautiful design, and who have a keen interest in developing apps that impact millions of users across the globe.Roles and responsibilities:Creative and strategic
Tactical and operational
- You will help the team maintain a high level of quality during all stages of project development.
- You will work with the UX team to champion UX and design thinking within the organization.
- You will work with the marketing team and UX leads to create creative pitches and marketing stunts.
- You will work directly with clients to understand their goals, objectives and vision and enable the design team to execute and deliver creative solutions.
What you bring to the table:Must haves
- You are a clear communicator, patient and take a diplomatic and rational approach to every decision.
- You will work with the creative leads to oversee all active client projects
- You will work closely with the UX leadership team to provide tactical management, leadership and guidance to the UX team across a range of different topics from client engagement, project delivery, resourcing, HR and operations.
- You will work with the resource manager to review monthly utilization and capacity reports to maintain appropriate allocation of the UX team across the company.
- You will work with the sales and bid teams to scope projects and provide levels of effort and assist in proposals and pitch documents.
- You will help transition projects through the sales process utilizing client workshops and discovery sessions, internal design sprints, design briefs and resource allocation.
- You will work within complex engagements consisting of multiple creative teams (client and 3rd party) and strive to establish clear models of engagement and communication.
Nice to haves
- A strong portfolio that showcases multiple types of digital projects across large accounts
- Strong knowledge of user experience design processes and methodologies
- Has over 10 years of industry experience
- Proficient in design and office tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe, Google Docs, prototyping tools)
- Experience building client relationships and enjoys a client facing role
- Be a clear communicator with strong verbal, presentation and written skills
- Has a successful track record leading and growing a creative team
- Has an understanding of the agile software development lifecycle and takes a pragmatic approach to digital product design
What we can offer you:
- Experience within the video and entertainment industry
- Experience designing for 10ft UIs
- A supportive and inclusive environment that fosters development and building lasting friendships.
- The opportunity to work with Top Tier Media companies and household brands.
- The opportunity to travel to some pretty amazing places - if you're open to it.
- Flexible work hours - are you an early bird or do you love to sleep in?
- Bottomless coffee and a wall full of snacks!
- Want to hear more? Check out our employee handbook.
The TV industry is changing at a rapid pace, with streaming video, multiple screens and over-the–top video offerings becoming the new normal, fast. Brands such as NBA, Disney, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, Fox and the Canadian Football League are spearheading direct-to-consumer strategies using You.i Engine-powered TV applications. You.i Engine has been licensed in major industry genres, including entertainment, kids, sports, and news.
You.i TV welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process