As a Top 25 Great Place to Work® recipient and one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way users experience TV across mobile, tablet, and connected devices. Interested in building the future of TV? We’re looking for a Services Engineering Manager
to join our services team!
This is a great opportunity for innovators that value beautiful design, and who have a keen interest in developing apps that impact millions of users across the globe.Roles and responsibilities:
The Services Engineering Manager reports to the Lead Services Engineering Manager in the You.i Services Engineering organization. This role interacts with other Services leadership roles such as project managers, product analysts and technical leads to manage the delivery of applications to customers.
The Services Engineering Manager role carries the primary responsibility for leading the design and development of applications delivered to our customers and the processes and tools which support that.
This includes the following accountabilities:
- Driving decisions about application architecture and product components to be leveraged for projects
- Driving decisions about tools and processes to be used for a project, including build processes
- Supervising the development and delivery of software, either directly or indirectly via a Technical Lead
- Taking the role of Agile Coach, or supervising another team member in that role
- Ensuring team members, including remote, are being optimally deployed and coached
- Identifying and managing technical issues and risks
- Ensuring quality levels of outbound deliverables
- Ensuring that retrospectives are contributing to ongoing improvement of development and delivery processes
- Building and maintaining strong technical relationships with customers and ensuring that all required technical communication with customers is taking place
The Services Engineering Manager contributes to the organization in a number of other ways:
What you bring to the table:Must haves
- Participating in discovery activities for new projects and establishing the level of development and testing effort that will be required to deliver a project
- Contribute to statements of work and other supporting project documents as required
- Participate in backlog planning
- Contribute to establishing team composition for new projects
- Define and implement You.i TV’s software delivery practices
- Provide performance feedback on team members
- The hand-off of completed projects to the Support organization
Nice to haves
- Managing software development teams of developers and testers
- Managing software development in an agile environment
- Programming experience that allows you to actively contribute to technical discussions and problem solving
What we can offer you:
- Managing software development spanning multiple locations
- Understanding of cross platform engine-based development, such as games
- Understanding of development for iOS, Android, gaming consoles and/or digital media players
- Understanding of video encoding and digital rights management
- Understanding of app stores, including how to submit apps and manage releases
- A supportive and inclusive environment that fosters development and building lasting friendships.
- The opportunity to work with Top Tier Media companies and household brands.
- The opportunity to travel to some pretty amazing places - if you're open to it.
- Flexible work hours - are you an early bird or do you love to sleep in?
- Bottomless coffee and a wall full of snacks!
- Want to hear more? Check out our employee handbook.
The TV industry is changing at a rapid pace, with streaming video, multiple screens and over-the–top video offerings becoming the new normal, fast. Brands such as NBA, Disney, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, Fox and the Canadian Football League are spearheading direct-to-consumer strategies using You.i Engine-powered TV applications. You.i Engine has been licensed in major industry genres, including entertainment, kids, sports, and news.
You.i TV welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process