Come join us!
Assent Compliance “Assent” is the leader in cloud-based compliance automation software. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and engaged company with the mission to make the world a better place with our software. We are looking for a full-time permanent Sr. QA Automation Engineer to join our dynamic Quality Team.
Reporting to the Manager, Quality, the Senior QA Automation Engineer works with the Software Development Team to plan and develop automated test suites for Assent Compliance’s product platform. The Senior QA Automation Engineer has a strong technical background with excellent coding skills and practices, a good understanding of database backed web applications and an analytical approach to problem-solving.
What you will do:
- Recommend test automation approach, tools and frameworks;
- Review, analyze requirements and identify the needs and product areas for automation testing;
- Design, develop and maintain our automation tests and framework, advancing the capabilities of Assent’s automated testing;
- Develop test infrastructure and custom automation tools as needed to expand test coverage and enable non-functional testing;
- Perform manual and automated tests for our website and applications;
- Suggest alternatives, highlight improvements to development process to improve automation framework and test coverage;
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards;
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
This is a summary. Everyone at Assent is asked to contribute in a wide variety of ways to ensure company goals and priorities are achieved.
Who you are
- You are diligent and have outstanding attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills - you are able to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- You are a strong team player, are always willing to lend a helping hand, and are motivated to contribute your expertise to a diverse pool of resources to support business goals;
- You have grit - you are conscientious, resilient, are dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results;
- Propensity to stay calm and reasonable under pressure;
What you should bring
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years of experience in dedicated automation testing;
- 3-5 years of experience writing tests in C# ;
- 3-5 years of experience writing API tests;
- Experience with QA testing and associated methodologies;
- Experience Building Automation Frameworks;
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to learn and apply new technologies, tools, and practices;
- Web-based automation testing experience using multiple technologies and tools (like CasperJS, Selenium WebDriver, and others);
Nice to have
- Knowledge of defect tracking software (JIRA is a plus);
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git);
- Experience with Jenkins and creating Jenkins jobs is an asset
- 3-5 years experience with SQL
What we offer
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East End across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Assent is an equal opportunity employer.