As member of optical DSP algorithm team you will research 400G/1T oDSP algorithms, optimize them using Matlab simulation platforms, verify performance through offline testing and guide the implementation team through the realization of the algorithms as either a DSP C code or a Verilog RTL implementation.
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degrees in Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Relevant industry experience in telecommunication.
- Strong in the areas of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) design and optical transmission system.
- Knowledge on optical electronically component and optical propagation modeling
- Hand on experience designing optical modems including some of the following topics:
- OFDM, Single carrier or multi-carrier signal processing
- FEC, MAP decoders, Iterative decoders (LDPC, Turbo) trellis coded modulations
- Channel estimation & equalization
- Carrier synchronization and timing recovery
- High order QAM modulations
- Carrier phase tracking, decision aided, data aided and blind
- IQ balance, image rejection, anti-aliasing
- High speed ADC/DAC
- Digital pre-distortion, non linear compensation
- Proficient in Matlab
- Able to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion and attend night conference calls