Job Description Summary:
Member of Infinera's Optical Architecture team. Responsible for experimental testing and methodologies to drive the design verification of distributed optical controls and optical performance of Infinera's transmission systems. A unique opportunity to contribute to the design and architecture of highly-advanced optical transport systems based on disruptive photonic integration technology.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities:
- Design verification of Infinera transmission systems. This includes test plan creation and execution in alignment with system requirements, development of test infrastructure and processes, troubleshooting and documentation. Cross-functional collaboration with SW, FW and HW teams aimed at delivering high-quality products with aggressive timelines.
- Validation of optical performance of new hardware including ROADMs based on wavelength selective and multi-cast switches, superchannel coherent transponders, optical performance monitors and hybrid Raman-EDFA line cards.
- Investigation of potential integration possibilities of Infinera's line system with 3rd party optical equipment as well as cross-platform feasibility studies across Infinera's product suite.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Hands-on testing experience with ROADM, WSS, EDFA, Raman amplifiers and coherent transponders desired. Familiarity with optical communication systems, linear and nonlinear impairments such as cross-talk, gain flatness, OSNR, CD, PMD, transients.
- Hands-on experience with high-speed optical and electrical test equipment and data acquisition.
- Highly detail-oriented, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated team player adept at cross-functional interaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent programming skills. Experience with VB.Net, Python, C++, or Visual Studio.
Education / Experience
- M.S. in Optics/Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics + 3 years of experience