Senior Optical DSP Algorithm Engineer
Huawei Canada’s rapid growth has created an excellent opportunity to build and grow your career and make a big impact to everyone’s life. This position embodies the core customer-centric culture of the Huawei Company, and takes the vision and responsibility to “Make IT Simple, Make Business Agile”
As member of Optical DSP Algorithm team, you will:
- • Research 100G/400G/1T oDSP algorithms
- • Optimize them using Matlab simulation platforms
- • Verify performance through offline testing
- • Guide the implementation team through the realization of the algorithms as either a DSP C code or a Verilog RTL implementation.
- • Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degrees in Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- • Minimum three years of industry experience in telecommunication.
- • Strong in the areas of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) design and optical transmission system.
- • Hand on experience on optical electronically component and optical propagation modeling
- • Hand on experience designing optical system and digital modems including some of the following topics:
- • OFDM, Single carrier or multi-carrier signal processing
- • FEC, MAP decoders, Iterative decoders (LDPC, Turbo) trellis coded modulations
- • Channel coding, channel estimation & equalization
- • Carrier synchronization and timing recovery
- • Carrier phase tracking, decision aided, data aided and blind
- • IQ balance, image rejection, anti-aliasing
- • High speed ADC/DAC
- • Digital pre-distortion, non linear compensation
- • Proficient in Matlab
- • Able to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- • Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- • Willingness to travel internationally on occasion and attend night conference call.
We thank all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with Huawei. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.