Design 1st (www.design1st.com) is Canada’s largest full-service product development company. Based in Ottawa, we were founded in 1996 and work on over 75+ projects each year for clients across the globe.
Our Ottawa team of ~30 is made up of industrial designers, mechanical engineers, embedded software, firmware, electronics engineers and manufacturing support staff.
We are currently seeking a full-time Electronics Hardware Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced product development environment.
Working together with our product development team you will be responsible for the design, test and validation of hardware electronics for new products in multiple industries.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in every phase of new product development including requirements gathering, architecture, specification, selection of electronic components, testing and support throughout pre & post production release.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for PCB design including: hardware architecture, device selection, schematics capture, PCB placement and layout review.
- Design and implement electronics designs to meet functional and quality requirements including microcontrollers, power supply/regulation, sensor integration, and user interface.
- Write board level functional specifications.
- Work closely with embedded software, firmware, mechanical and industrial design team members to define risks and debug issues
- Analyze and provide feedback on peer designs in an open and collaborative design review forum.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Coordinate with the project team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and descriptions and fully qualified designs
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if the design will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- MS/BSEE and minimum of 4 years’ experience with board level hardware design, including strong knowledge of schematic capture, PCB layout and signal integrity.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication, fab & assembly design rules, product integration with mechanical components.
- Experience with analog and digital designs, including interfaces using USB, I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, Bluetooth and others.
- Strong electronics lab skills
Learn More About Design 1st:
- Visit our website: https://www.design1st.com/electronics-design-services/
- Take a look at our portfolio, we have developed over 700+ products in multiple industries around the globe
- Our close-knit development team is very welcoming and passionate about technology, ideas and developing great products
Ready to take the Next Step?
- Please send a PDF and or link to your resume along with a short brief responding to the skills required in this posting. Send to info(at)design1st.com .
Job Type: Full-time
- Hardware Board Design: 4 years
Job Type: Full-time
- hardware electronics design: 4 years (Preferred)