Design 1st is Canada’s largest full-service product development company. Based in Ottawa, we were founded in 1996 and work on over 75+ hardware product projects each year for clients across the globe.
Examples of our projects include: E-Ink Whiteboards, IoT connected Sump Pumps, Voice Controlled Hardware, Connected Musical Instruments, High-End Speakers, Fishing Devices, Oil & Gas connected sensors, Adult wellness products and more.
You will have the opportunity to see dozens of new hardware projects move through development each year. Trust us - it never gets boring!
Right now we are seeking a full-time Software Engineering for New Product Developmentwho thrives in a fast-paced environment working with global startups and corporations to bring new ideas and products to market.
Working together with our full services product development team you will be responsible for the design and development of embedded software, as well as , mobile and cloud applications. This will involve the development of new devices across a variety of industries and technologies.
Plus you will have the opportunity to be involved in every phase of new product development including requirements gathering, concept design, prototyping and testing throughout pre and post-production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop embedded software for microcontroller-based products.
- Design and develop mobile, web and cloud applications.
- Work closely with teams and participate/contribute to product design.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if the program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Embedded software developer with experience in embedded software design.
- Solid real-time programming experience with C on different RTOS.
- Experience lower layer driver and BSP development,
- Experience with sensor acquisitions over I2C/SPI/ADC.
- Experience with different communications protocols, like WIFI, Bluetooth/BLE, Ethernet
- Experience with IOT development on AWS, Google IOT or IBM Bluemix.
- Experience with Android/IOS development, native or Ionic framework.
Learn More About Design 1st:
- Visit our website: https://www.design1st.com/services/electronics-design/
- And https://www.design1st.com/iot-product-development/
- Watch our videos and read through the product development services we offer
Ready to take the Next Step?
- Please send a PDF and or link to your resume along with a short brief responding to the skills required in this posting. Send to info(at)design1st.com .
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Computer Programming: 3 years (Preferred)