Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Thales is known for its People1st philosophy and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. Join a dynamic and fast paced organization which is growing as a result of exciting new domestic and international projects.
Currently, we are ramping up our efforts for our AJISS program, Canada’s largest in-service support program working in partnership with the Canadian Armed Forces, specifically the Royal Canadian Navy.
The A OPS (Arctic Offshore Patrol Ship) J SS (Joint Support Ship) I n S ervice S upport program will allow Thales to leverage its Canadian expertise in project management, systems engineering and integrated logistics support to lead the development of a new Canadian supply chain that will offer comprehensive in-service support for all systems and equipment of these fleets over their operational lifetime, ensuring they are mission-ready, on time, every time, from coast to coast to coast.
To support our development, we are seeking a Configuration Officer to join our Ottawa team on a full time basis. The Configuration Officer is accountable for maintaining the integrity of the configuration records and the traceability and history of technical data for related Engineering activities.
· Managing technical data;
· Managing configuration baselines ;
· Maintaining configuration definition data applicable to the project ;
· Supporting the engineering change management process ;
· Maintaining the Configuration Status Accounting Database (CSAD); and
· Conduct of Physical Configuration Audit’s as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
· Post-Secondary degree/diploma
· Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities;
· Trained in configuration management fundamentals.
· Understanding of system breakdown structure and configuration items;
· Comfortable with IT tools.
All applicants must be able to obtain a Canadian NATO Secret clearance and meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program and ITAR.