The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s internet. We shape our country’s internet infrastructure, employ cutting-edge technologies, and push the bounds of possibility. CIRA manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's internet community and is a prominent voice on issues of national and international importance relating to internet governance.
With over two and a half million .CA domain names registered and growing, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has been named by AON Hewitt as one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015 and platinum status for 2016 and 2017. We are looking for talented professionals who are passionate about the future of the internet and who value working with a seasoned team.
Who you are:
You’re a born story-teller who can use the countless tools in your communications toolkit to raise the profile of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority, and its efforts to build a better online Canada. You are passionate about creating a strong corporate brand and engaged workforce through internal communications and employee engagement programs. You are dynamic, flexible, and collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications strategies that support corporate goals and activities, including but not limited to internal communications and employer branding; the CIRA Community Investment Program; internet exchange points, internet governance and policy.
- Support internal and external communications: with input from key stakeholders, write and publish weekly newsletters. Provide communications planning and execution to support CIRA’s top employee and employee engagement plans.
- Monitor external media, including social media, for brand and industry trends; recommend, plan and execute responses to events.
- Create and curate a variety of marketing and communication materials such as media releases, announcements, web, blog and social content to engage our community and support our thought leadership strategy.
- Contribute to CIRA’s editorial calendar to ensure a steady flow of corporate content published through CIRA’s owned and earned media
- Play a key role in the MarCom team’s planning and regular reporting process, using a variety of social and web analytics tools.
What you bring:
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in Business, Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years in a broad communications role, with a focus in social media and writing for the web.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of web content management systems (knowledge of Drupal is an asset) and mass-mail tools (such as MailChimp). Knowledge of HTML is an asset.
- Proficiency in English and French is required.
- Required to occasionally travel within Canada
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location in the heart of downtown Ottawa.