The Canada R&D Centre, based in Ottawa, is leading research and development of Telecom Network Infrastructure, in 4G/LTE-A, optical, network processing, and switching/router technology as we continued to promote all-IP transformation for our customers.
In this role, you will contribute to the research efforts for the network architecture, network layer technologies for future wireless network.
You will interact with the wireless product team, technology research and development team, and standardization team. You are self-motivated and able to work independently, but thrive in a team-based environment. You have a forward-looking approach and are motivated to innovate. You have the technical skills to design innovative approaches through theoretical analysis, implement and validate them in a simulation platform.
- PhD or advanced degree in Telecommunications
- Wireless telecommunications industry experience
- Strong technical expertise in wireless network architecture, protocol design, system modelling, optimization and simulation
- Experience with one or more wireless communication systems such as GSM, UMTS, WIMAX and, more importantly, LTE and 5G
- Strong technical expertise in wireless mesh/relay/sensor network and routing technology
- Good knowledge on the LTE core, 5G core and RAN architecture, procedure, and signalling, IP networking, and mobility solutions
- Good C++/Matlab programming skills
- Good knowledge of the state-of-the-art technologies for wireless systems in the industry and academia
- Good teamwork spirit and adaptability
- Thrive in a dynamic, innovative and research oriented environment
- Good communication skills