WE BELIEVE “FIXED” IS ACTUALLY QUITE BROKEN
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us “un-fix”
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that
insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can
and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right
when they need it. We are focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized
customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where
nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive,
environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation and collaboration. It’s
fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Software Development Team is focused on building modern, high-performance, scalable
and fault-tolerant solutions. We work with modern technologies enabling delivery of a
groundbreaking platform that will provide new insurance solutions directly to the end
This ROLE is a critical part of our Development Team responsible for designing and
implementing frictionless end-user experiences that are the face of the business.
YOU are passionate about software and have a can-do attitude. You enjoy contributing to all
phases of the development cycle, from architecture through to implementation and have
successfully designed and built efficient and reusable front-end modules that have driven
module design development. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a
collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multi disciplinary teams.
You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast
pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment.
You bring 5+ years of:
● proven experience designing and implementing user-facing features and capabilities
● demonstrated ability to build and optimize reusable front-end libraries, components
and frameworks to support scalable applications
● proven ability to develop Single Page Applications using libraries like React, Redux, React
Native, Preact etc.
● demonstrated success developing web applications using RESTful APIs and GraphQL
● familiarity with UI design principles and their impact and dependencies on development
● Experience working in a software development environment with continuous
build/integration and release/version management, concepts and associated tools like
● B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, send us your resume at email@example.com and tell
us more about you!
JOIN SLICE AND LET’S REVOLUTIONIZE INSURANCE FOR THE NEW ON-DEMAND ECONOMY