Position Name: Finance Manager
Reports to: VP Finance
Division or Department: Finance
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronics are manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment that reflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Industries Inc. [NYSE – ROP]; a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper and its affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Lumenera needs an enthusiastic, innovative, hands-on, multi-tasking individual to join our team to lead all aspects of the accounting and financial reporting functions. The focus is working with cross functional teams to improve financial policies and systems and help to drive business strategy and create organizational leverage through the finance function.
The Finance Manager contributes to Lumenera’s Finance Team by:
- Providing guidance to team members on the day-to-day functions, systems issues and month end activities ensuring the integrity of the company’s financial position.
- Being responsible for the company’s financial and management reporting, month-end close, accounting records, and tax return preparation.
- Working closely with the VP Finance and internal stakeholders for effective and meaningful analysis.
- Driving the evolution and upgrade of our manufacturing ERP system (Epicor) to deliver key information to stakeholders.
- Creating meaningful management reports and dashboards using Crystal Reports, Excel, QlikSense, Salesforce and other Reporting Tools which will assist management in making smart business decisions.
- Managing Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls compliance.
- Developing and administering financial policies, procedures and business processes.
- Coordinating audits with internal and external parties.
- Administering bi-weekly payroll using on-line systems.
- Managing the Office Administrator who is responsible for reception, accounts payable and facilities which includes reporting issues to the landlord, directing maintenance staff, and managing contractor and vendor relationships.
- Coordinating the month end activities and schedule of the part-time Finance Associate, approving their time and invoices.
- Managing the vacation/absence schedule for the team to ensure adequate coverage during absences, including reception.
- Five years of progressive hands-on experience as a Finance Manager or in a related position.
- Accounting designation or enrolled in a professional program at a senior level.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Epicor with the ability to become the in-house expert.
- Knowledge of inventory accounting, costing and processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Superior financial modeling experience for budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc requirements.
- Experience in identifying and resolving variances across the organization.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel and other software tools.
- Able to identify and implement enhancements to financial processes and controls.
- Strong accounting experience and attention to detail.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Crystal Reports and QlikSense.
- Proven communication skills.
- Experience administering payroll using an online tool such as Pay@Work.
- Team leadership/management experience.
- Understanding of the financial and business needs in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SalesForce.com to assist with integration with other Business Intelligence tools working closely with Sales and Marketing teams.
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks’ vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.
Apply now. | Top