CGI is changing our way of building and maintaining our technology infrastructure and we need the best and brightest to help us along. Join our new and fervently entrepreneurial team which is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. You will help shape the future of CGI.
In this role you will be part of a nimble and forward thinking IT Architectural team. You will use your IT Architecture skills combined with your knowledge of Enterprise Cloud, DevOps as well as virtual and traditional infrastructures to design solutions for a variety of clients across Canada and beyond.
WHO YOU ARE
You come from a development background but you have broad infrastructure experience both on-premise and in the cloud. You have a vision of the automated future for your clients using cutting edge technology. You know how to get it done quickly. You have the drive required to achieve these goals and to maneuver with agility in a large global organization. You work well with senior executives. Your hunger for new technology knows no bounds. You read voraciously, constantly experiment and other CGI members will describe you with pride as an excellent communicator. You are not afraid to sit down with a spreadsheet and Visio and work out a compelling business case and technical solution that benefits both your customer and CGI.
• Establish relationships with customer contacts, the architecture team and designer groups to analyze requirements and agree on outcomes.
• Work with partners and internal business development teams to grow CGI accounts and win new business.
• Work with customers to help them achieve their business goals through the use of technology solutions that help them be more competitive.
• Translate requirements into architecture that can be implemented and supported by operations.
• Create technology plans and roadmaps tailored to customer requirements.
• Advise on implementation strategies.
• Produce architecture documentation necessary for detailed design and implementation.
• Define and create new client service offerings.
• Design and develop systems to automate infrastructure and platform services.
• Serve as a senior technical escalation point for critical issues and assist with resolution of problems.
• Adopt, implement and evangelize Agile and DevOps methodologies.
• Assist with developing and defining processes and procedures.
• 5 years’ experience as a technology architect or 3 years in a customer facing DevOps role working with public cloud.
• Operations experience supporting customer environments.
• Experience in complex design for large scale infrastructure projects.
• Capacity to lead an architecture project from beginning to end and provide support to solve problems when needed.
• Practical experience in governance and securing IT infrastructure with familiarity of one or more of the following: SOX, PCI, ITIL, CISSP.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
• Experience with Private, Public & Hybrid Cloud Architectures using VMWare and one or more of the following: Azure, AWS or Google
• Knowledge of Agile, and core Dev Ops practises such as CI/CD.
• Experience with some of the following: Git, Docker, CloudFoundry or OpenShift, Jenkins
• Experience with Configuration Management – Puppet or Ansible is ideal, but Chef or Salt is also ok.
• Experience with Scripting in Python, Bash or PowerShell.
• Experience with Microservices architectures.
• Experience with Datacenter networking, Storage (SAN and NAS) and Backup technologies, Physical server hardware, Monitoring solutions and Techniques and technologies required for High Availability.
• Experience with Network Security Technologies such as (Firewalls, SecurID, ESM/VA Tools, LOG ANALYSIS, NIDS, HIDS, VPN & Authentication).
• Experience with Identity Management.
• Experience with Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase).