Senior VMWare Engineer / Architect with a specialty in vSphere and NSX
CGI has an immediate requirement for a Senior VMWare Engineer & Architect, with a specialty in vSphere and NSX, to assist in the delivery of a secure vSphere architecture and implementation within the Business Recovery Enhancement program.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Delivering Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) with a focus on the use of VMware virtual networking tools (NSX)
• Automate network implementation, configuration and management using tools such vRealize Automation and CLI
• Contribute to the delivery of a world-class Cloud Enabled Data Centre incorporating multi-data centre, partner/remote site, campus and cloud architectures.
• With his/her experience in designing and deploying VMware solutions and advanced knowledge of VMware technologies such as storage, networking and security provide direction in the use of NSX, vMotion/svMotion, SRM, HA, load balancing, and evaluate, research and strategically improve current resilience and recovery.
• Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations, and analyzes complex and mixed system environment (Red Hat, Windows), focusing on server, storage virtualization, and network infrastructure, to determine performance bottlenecks and opportunities to improve efficiency.
• Assess and make recommendations to improve HA/DR configuration of VMware Clusters.
• Work closely with implementation teams to ensure implementation meets design.
• Provide Documentation for newly designed systems, and design system capacity plan.
• Work with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Security groups to apply standards, guidelines and policies within the program
• Participate in all phases of the development methodology cycle to implement the required information technology, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective to initiatives and teams.
• Analyze business context (trends and business strategy) to derive the architecture in support of the solution
• Translate architectural decisions into high-level designs; review and develop artifacts for alignment with the overall architecture;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of ten years of relevant work in the IT field of architecting, implementing, and supporting highly available enterprise infrastructures.
• Minimum of five years of experience in in private cloud computing and Data Center virtualization using VMware (ESXi, vCenter, vCloud, vRealize, NSX, VDI)
• Experience with converged and hyper-converged server platforms such as but not limited to VCE, Dell-EMC or Nutanix.
• Extensive experience with the following storage technologies and protocols: HBAs, SAN, Fibre Channel, NAS, and CIFS/NFS/iSCSI.
• Good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, server virtualization, and Active Directory integration.
• Experience in a multi-domain environment, preferably with global sites across WAN connections.
• Must have a VMware Certification (VCP5 or VCP-DCV).
Professional / Personal Skills Required:
• Ability to organize content and write in a style appropriate to the audience and to the purpose of the document
• Ability to think beyond the work environment and make decisions in the context of the total environment
• Strong business acumen, including the ability to translate business needs into application solutions
• Ability to be self-motivated and to work under general supervision
• Ability to quickly grasp the essence of a complex issue and to synthesize data/views to capture and communicate key points
• Security Clearance: Candidate must be eligible for Level II - Secret
• Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages
• Ability to work with an Enterprise Architecture framework and group
• Strong knowledge of principles and best practices in architecture and architectural/design patterns and frameworks
• Excellent knowledge in all aspects of testing, including unit and stress testing