For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Who You'll Work With?
This Systems Engineering (SE) role is within the Federal Government Market as part of the Canadian Public Sector Team. The successful candidate will focus on pre-sales engineering activities, leveraging Cisco's Advanced Technology products, solutions and architectures. These solutions and technologies include Unified Communications, Collaboration, Video, Data Centre, Unified Computing, Security, Wireless and Routing & Switching. The SE must work closely with the Account Managers to provide both Technical and Pre-sales support to Cisco customers and partners to drive business and value across our market space.
What You'll Do?
The successful SE candidate must be able to:
• Consult with clients to understand their requirements and independently advise relevant technical solutions;
• Prepare & deliver technical presentations for customers and partners;
• Assist with the development of formal sales proposals for assigned opportunities;
• Remain up-to-date and relevant on competitive solutions, products and services;
• Actively participate as a specialist in assigned Virtual Team (groups within Cisco gathering specialists in certain technology);
• Design, prepare and deliver products & solution demonstrations and evaluations;
• Provide consultative support in area(s) of specialization to other Systems Engineers;
Who You Are?
The qualifications and personal skills we are looking for include:
• Proven track record with 5+ years of experience with Cisco products & solutions or relevant experience in key competitor’s offerings.
• In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one following areas: Routing & Switching, wireless, security, Unified Communications and video, Data Centre & virtualization.
• Pre-Sales experience.
• Demonstrated experience within the Canadian Federal Government Environment.
• Ability to work both independently and with extended members of the team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills in English (and French preferably)
• B.Eng. or B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) preferred.
• CCIE certification highly desirable and/or Cisco Professional-level certification(s) preferred
• Driving license