Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Applications the Project Manager, Release, Change and Deployment is responsible for overseeing and managing the packaging and delivery of software releases to the production environments. This includes the monitoring of release progress through the entire pipeline, assuring quality standards are consistently met at each stage gate and coordinating releases and teams at the program, project and team levels. The incumbent will also oversee the adherence to deployment windows and release processes by the software delivery teams. This role demonstrates a strong liaison function within IT and the business to ensure appropriate communication channels are established and maintained? This manager will focus on continuous improvement of applications and project deployment and will oversee and manage business access to the corporate ERP and related applications including CRM and Business Intelligence ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.Ã
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build the IT Release Calendar and work closely with other roles within IT / Development, Infrastructure and the organization and create a common centralized view of all releases.
- Establish the process for change management and ensure compliance, evaluate changes, chair the Change Management Committee meetings, convene urgent meetings as required.
- Liaise with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing and implementation, manage emergency changes to minimize further incidents, in a controlled and secure manner. Implement a tracking and recording process to document and communicate changes. Updates documentation as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to ensure smooth and reliable delivery of software and systems to fulfill business objectives, support business processes and ensure business continuity.
- Conduct research on leading release management practices and tools and technologies landscape to justify recommendations and to support optimization efforts.
- As a subject matter expert in Release and Deployment, support leaders and peers in contributing to the overall Team objectives for Availability, Resiliency and Redundancy and execution of operational excellence.
- Accountable to standardize incident and change policies and protocols across the organization while remaining nimble and agile.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across all application needs, Lead and co-ordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Accountable for the validation and granting of user access to the corporate ERP and related applications including CRM and Business Intelligence in support of business processes and needs.
- Ensure the confidentiality integrity and availability of the data residing on enterprise servers and systems.
- Accountable to deliver continuous process improvements and innovation on meeting KPI's, including overall system availability of data.
- Accountable to support and maintain a playbook for essential elements of disaster recovery with the DR project team
- Degree in Computer Science or Business is preferred or relevant college courses and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years technical hands-on experience on deployment leadership, project management and software release management.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive IT leadership experience with demonstrated success delivering in a transformation/high performance environment.
- Manufacturing, Finance and Retail industry experience is highly desirable, but other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
- Demonstrated success in delivering release management including operational readiness, cutover planning, deployment planning and execution.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written to support technology projects and initiatives and in communicating the value proposition of operational readiness and deployment management.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with the business, IT teams and external resources to deliver software release management and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and the phases of the project lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of change management tools as well as deployment and implementation methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing business access to corporate applications ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.