Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want to join a SaaS company that has been voted Employer of the year for 3 years in a row? We are on the lookout for a full-time System Engineer who will help us with building and growing our Cloud Voice Over IP Platform. You will be directly responsible for providing reliable, secure and stable services to our customers.
FIRST, LET’S START WITH THE PERKS:
- Opportunity to work for the Canadian Telecom Employer of Choice – Best Business in 2015 and one of Ottawa’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2017 (among other amazing kudos!)
- Incredible company culture with strong work/life balance
- Volleyball in our backward in the summer – Hockey rink in the winter
- Backyard patio – perfect for our team barbeques
- Foosball table
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- $2000/year in health & wellness benefits
NOW, A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF.
You’re a troubleshooter by nature, and know how to get to the root cause of a problem. You love sharing your knowledge to help the team. Tactical and critical thinking are your strong suits – you’re solution-oriented and enjoy solving complex problems. Even when there’s a problem, you’re known for staying positive and optimistic, and are a bit of a geek. You understand how vital it is to have our infrastructure available 24/7, and are both customer-focused and driven by quality. Although you take pride in being the expert in your field, you’re also not afraid to ask for help. If you get stuck, you know we have your back.
YOU’VE GOT THESE SKILLS:
You have at least 1 year of full time experience in a GNU/Linux system environment – Installing, configuring and maintaining network services. You have experience with one or more of these:
- Hardware Installation and Troubleshooting
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Expertise with System Automation and/or Configuration Management
- DNS Infrastructure like Bind or one of these: NSD, DNSSEC
- Any Log Management and Infrastructure Monitoring Tools – we use Datadog, Monitis
- Crafting and maintaining documentation and procedures to ensure alignment with internal and external SLA/SLO(s)
Bonus points if you have these:
- Ubuntu Linux Experience
- MySQL performance tuning and monitoring
- Experience building, deploying, and debugging systems in the cloud (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Experience with sip/VoIP, Computer Clusters, ha Systems, Soft-Real-Time Systems and DR definitely an asset
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Every single day as a System Engineer at Versature is different, but here are some of the responsibilities you could expect in an average week:
- Using configuration management and automation to ensure standardized operating environments.
- Communicating with our vendors to increase capacity, features, and functionality to help Versature achieve our aggressive growth targets.
- Providing day-to-day support, administration, and management of related systems, storage, security, network, and applications.
- Maintaining services in our 3 geo-diverse data centres.
- Developing and maintaining proper documentation, as well as delivering training to the rest of the team.
- Collaborating with product management and development teams to influence infrastructure and budgetary decisions.
- Planning and participating in regular disaster recovery exercises.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date infrastructure monitoring, documentation, and diagrams.
- Contributing your expertise to industry applicable development initiatives.
- Participating in an agile based workflow and attending daily huddle.
- Participating in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule to ensure our customers get emergency support whenever they need it.
Versature is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.