Senior Technical Project Manager
The Sr Technical Project Manager will report to the Versawave Division Business Unit Leader.
- Prepare and maintain project plans with input from product management, R&D, product marketing, operations, etc.
- Manage all phases of projects from design through to delivery.
- Responsible for the tracking cost, schedule, and deliverables.
- Reviewing status of projects and budgets, managing schedules and preparing technical reports and status updates.
- Internally reporting the status updates of cost, schedule and deliverables to senior management
- Responsible for the planning and chairing of weekly project meetings.
- Conducting risk assessment, monitoring issues and developing resolutions.
- Acting as a liaison between senior management and the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- Experience the optical semiconductor and/or satellite industries an asset
- Good understanding of product development process – managing from end to end
- Ability to develop rapport with peers to maintain strong working relationships.
- Masterfully uses organizational knowledge to maneuver through formal and informal channels to get things done quickly and effectively
- Previous experience interacting and reporting to the Canadian or European Space Agencies is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to lead productive meetings through preparation, leadership, and time management.