Kinaxis® is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Samsung, Ford, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for:
Full Stack SaaS Platform Developer
As a Full Stack Developer of Kinaxis’ SaaS Platform Deployment, you will be a key member of a nimble and strong software development team. The SaaS Platform development team uses agile processes and methodologyies to develop, design and release software solutions related to the management and orchestration of our SaaS offering at scale. We are committed to the delivery of quality software and we strive to bring our best thinking and constantly improve our tools and processes so we can all work smarter and more efficiently as a team.
As a developer will be responsible for the full stack development and maintenance of SaaS platform solutions and features. You will develop a unified orchestration solution to enable efficient deployment and management of our SaaS offering at scale, while helping develop the back-end services and infrastructure needed to deliver secure, high-quality, high-performance solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a unified orchestration solution to enable efficient deployment and management of our SaaS offering at scale.
- Developers will collaborate with SaaS Ops SME and Dev SME.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automated deploy ability and testability
- Manage tasks within our agile development processes and tools
- Support and maintenance of existing systems
- Work with fellow team members to refine well documented epics and stories that remove ambiguity by clearly articulating functional and nonfunctional system behavior expectations and design objectives
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the web applications and services
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Develop accurate effort estimates as part of planning cycles to help the team prioritize and make scoping decisions
Things You Should Have
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Software development, including 3 years as a full stack developer.
- Minimum 2 years as a SaaS Orchestration Platform developer
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Java development, including experience developing with the Spring framework
- Scrum Master
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong understanding and experience with scripting languages (Powershell / Bash)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in developing and designing solution for a SaaS deployment platform, including orchestration of large number of components in complex and high velocity environment.
- Experience with object Storage and S3 REST API, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect web applications to back-end services
- Experience with API and Microservice driven coding methodologies and coding practices
- Experience with unit test frameworks and unit testing
- Experience with application manufacturing for agile deployment
- Experience with Containers and container orchestration would be an asset
- Familiarity with cloud orchestrations services (AWS, Azure) would be an asset
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
Please apply to this position by emailing Heather Irwin at email@example.com. Please add the position title to the subject line of your email.