Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Security, the Junior Analyst is responsible for a broad range of tasks, including the day-to-day operation of information security systems. The individual in this position interacts closely with personnel within the IT department — including the application development, operations and network, and client services — and with business departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate security systems, including, intrusion detection systems, web access and messaging gateway filters, endpoint protection software, network access control systems, PKI, etc.
- Triage and respond to trouble tickets.
- Monitor logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution. Identify potential internal and external threats.
- Participate in security incident response efforts by, amongst other things, having an in-depth knowledge of common security exploits, vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Serve as technical resource within Information Security projects.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Develop and maintain security documentation.
- College or University degree in Information Security or a related area? Relevant information security certifications are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in administering Information Security controls.
- Experience SIEM technologies and other security technologies.
- Ability to balance security requirements with enabling the business.
- Strong customer/client focus with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience; and build long-term relationships.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and new products as required.
- A team player.
- A secret clearance will be required.
- English is essential. Bilingualism is an asset.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.