At OPIN, we’re naturally curious. Curious about the technology we use and how to push it further every day. Curious about how the world works and how we can make it a better place. Today, we’re looking for an excited, hard-working designer, who is just as curious, to join our team.
OPIN is looking for a talented and flexible web designer.
- Full time
- Ottawa office
- Some days “working from home” are allowed, but on-site for the most part
- Some time shifting (starting early, starting somewhat later) is allowed
- Process is flexible, but the use of Sketch and Zeplin is preferred. Photoshop or other methods are fine too, but you’ll need to do some extra work exporting and working with developers
- We use JIRA and Slack, Adobe X
- Work collaboratively with a team of developers, designers and your team’s Product Owner and Project Manager
- Work within agile methodology (we can train you)
- Produce: Moodboard, Information Architecture, Wireframes, Mock-ups, etc.
- Present your work to clients and to other staff members
- You’re a User Experience (UX) Designer OR a Graphic Designer, or both
- If you have skills in sub-discipline (like UX, branding, content strategy, information architecture, interaction design, usability testing or other skills like prototyping) it will likely be an asset!
- You have experience designing websites or apps and a nice portfolio, but various levels of skills are welcome
- Knowledge of the web (interaction design, accessibility) is important to us, but you do not need to be a pro. Designers with print-only backgrounds or portfolios will have to demonstrate knowledge of the web and interaction in some way
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS is an asset
- Basic knowledge of how content management systems (i.e. Drupal) use content and code to make a website is an asset
- You live in Ottawa/Gatineau (or a commutable distance) or are willing to relocate
- You prefer projects that are socially-minded and enjoy giving back to the community
- You must be flexible and enjoy continuous learning. We want someone who will fit into our team, adapt and grow