In this role, you will contribute to the research, development and prototyping efforts of future wireless radio access technologies for radio transceiver systems and PHY algorithms
You have technical skills to design innovative approaches through theoretical analysis and validate them in simulation under practical constraints. As part of a team prototyping the next generation advanced wireless technologies, you will use your technical skills and practical experience to contribute towards:
- System level design, analysis, modeling, simulation and prototyping of wireless radio systems and sub-systems.
- Radio algorithms design and simulation in RF and digital domains for advanced wireless radio access technologies.
- Drive and guide the implementations of radio algorithms in hardware and software.
- Write test plan, collaborate with other stake holders and participate system integration, test and debugging of prototyping systems in lab. Write test report with system performance analysis.
You will monitor the state of the art technologies in academia and industries, innovate and validate the new technology ideas through prototyping. You will interact with academia, the wireless product team and the technology research and development team. You are self-motivated and able to work independently, but thrive in a team-based environment. You have a forward-looking approach and are motivated to:
- Stay abreast of current status and new trends in research and development of advanced radio access technologies.
- Generate invention disclosures and support patent applications.
Key qualifications you hold include:
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in wireless Telecommunications.
- Wireless telecommunications industry experience, at least 10 years preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in wireless radio access air interface design, RF systems design, PHY layer algorithms design, modeling, simulation, analysis and optimization.
- Experience in a leadership role in a research and development environment.
- Experience in developing algorithms targeting DSP, FPGA and/or ASIC for prototyping and/or product development.
- Experience with lab equipment for measuring RF systems and PHY layer systems performance.
- Strong track record of digital signal processing and algorithm development experiences including Digital Filters, Digital Mixers, Frequency/Waveform Synthesis, Adaptive Signal Processing
- Experience with one or more wireless communication systems such as GSM, UMTS, WIMAX, LTE and, more importantly, IEEE 802.11 and 5G NR.
- Good knowledge of the state-of-the-art technologies for wireless systems in the industry and academia.
- Good C++/Matlab/ Simulink programming skills.
- Good teamwork spirit and adaptability.
- Thrive in a dynamic, innovative, research and prototyping oriented environment.
- Good technical writing, presentation and communications skills.
- Willingness for some local and overseas travel.