Job ID: OTT_004178
Responsible for the industrialization, production process set up & ongoing sustaining of passive and active optical/RF components and assembly/packaging to be used in DWDM optical sub-assemblies and modules.
Thorough knowledge of optical packaging, assembly and test of high speed RF/optical components
- Interface with and contribute to the R+D team for the design for Manufacture/Test/Quality/Reliability for optical sub-assemblies
- Work with manufacturing partners to drive test methodologies and yield improvements. Consider end-to-end manufacturing set optimizing the overall process flow.
- Interact with vendors to maintain visibility to new technologies.
- Work with the with optical, mechanical and hardware engineers to reach a well industrialized and testable solution
- Work with R+D project manager to Coordinate design with optical, mechanical design team and external/internal production in delivering prototypes and early customer samples that meet project need
- Work with Product Quality Management and our EMS partners to pro-actively improve the manufacturing product quality.
- Dive continuously Improvement Program: Initiative ideas and implement proposal for cost reduction, quality improvement, efficiency improvement, process optimization. Apply formal methods for improvement activities including Lean, 6M.
- Provide manufacturing cost including tooling and equipment for new/transferred products.
- Provide training to NPI-LCE and wider on best in class manufacturing technology, improvement processes and Tools.
- Other tasks as required
Customers (Internal & External)
Skills / Qualifications / Training / Experience:
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or Physics.
- Demonstrated ability to complete the full product design life cycle on a portion of the system involving multiple components.
- Capable of working independently on the assigned design activities with minimal supervision.
- Comprehensive understanding of the product architecture, design, processes, tools, etc. required to perform their assigned design activities.
- Operating at the equivalent of an engineer with 5 plus years of relevant
- Design for Manufacturing experience with different optical/RF packaging technologies (die/wire bonding, SMT, flip chip, active and passive optical alignment, chip-on-carrier/board/ceramic/glass/flex, interposers, lens designs, array alignment)
- Familiar with PDM application e.g. Agile
- Familiar with Dfx(DFM, DFA) tools e.g. Valor and CAM350 for PCBA Gerber review and Pro-E viewer for mechanical drawing
- Familiar with manufacturing/quality management methodology/tool: Lean, FMEA, Kaizen, 6 sigma etc.
- Testing expertize in Active Optical Inspection, optical measurement of placement precision, functional/electrical/optical testing
- Proficiency in writing technical specifications.
- Knowledge of optical component reliability and telecom performance standards such as Telcordia, IEC, and ITU are highly desirable.
- Experience in fiber optics test and measurements.
- Robust personality
- Basic project management experience
- Capable of being Office based, full time position with ability to work unsocial hours for interaction with overseas team members
- Able to travel internationally.
- Able to work within a Lab environment
- Able to development team teams, component vendors and manufacturing partners
- Able to generate high quality documents
- Very good communication skills. Written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and perform with minimum supervision.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field