Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Thales is known for its People1st philosophy and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. Join a dynamic and fast paced organization which is growing as a result of exciting new domestic and international projects.
To support our development, we are seeking a Bid and Project Manager to join our Ottawa team on a full time basis. The Bid and Project Manager would manage the response to bids and/or the execution of projects of various sizes and complexities, in accordance with the applicable referential (process, tools, procedures, contracts, regulations, etc.)
· Organize, plan, manage and control execution of bids/projects in-house as well as subcontracted scope of work, in accordance with RFP/RFQ and contracts;
· Lead and manage bids/projects teams internally to achieve the bids/projects goals and to develop new business opportunities, including additional work scope on the existing contracts;
· Plan and maintain bids/projects required resources with all functional departments, including resolving any surplus or deficiency against the demand;
· Interface with the external bids/projects stakeholders (Customers, End-Users, Suppliers, Partners);
· Report bids/projects progress and performance on a regular basis to the management team;
· Engage the management team (escalation) in case arising issues cannot be solved within the bids/projects teams;
· Deliver compliant bids/projects deliverables within the agreed upon timeline and budget;
· Attend/chair meetings/reviews, travel in Canada and/or abroad within the execution of the bids/projects;
· Participate in various initiatives to boost the company growth and competitiveness and to achieve medium-to-long-term company’s goals (continuous improvement);
· Establish on an on-going basis the key targets and performance indicators for the purpose of measurement and control of the bids/projects.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
· Post-secondary education in a related field required;
· 10-15 years’ experience in a project management and bid environment within a corporate context required;
· Certified Associate in Project Management or Project Management Professional strong asset.
All applicants must be able to obtain a Canadian NATO Secret clearance and meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program and ITAR.
Thales is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applicants from the four designated groups (women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and aboriginals) to apply for employment. At Thales, we provide accessibility to people with disabilities. Should you require accommodations, please consult with your recruitment office and they will work with you to make any adjustments that best suit your individual needs.