Engineering Technician 3
The primary function of the Reliability Engineering Technician is to perform Qualifications and Qualification Readiness on new Products, Packages and Processes.
Qualification Readiness consists of configuring and loading HTOL boards and ovens, shipping parts, and general lab duties as directed. Additional functions include performing bench level and ATE testing on the devices using Credence PAX and FLEX automated test system.
• Initial test verification of qualification samples – ATE and bench testing, debugging test set up, ensuring proper hardware and test programs are available
• Initial failure analysis – including, but not limited to, visual inspection, cleaning, retesting
• Formal failure analysis – submitting FA requests in the online system, providing datalogs, bench results, shipping devices
• Data analysis – reviewing and reformatting datalogs, providing detailed descriptions of any failing tests, conferring with product and test engineers to isolate failure mechanisms
• Environmental chambers – performing RF and DC HTOL, HAST, HTS, Preconditioning & Reflow, configuring and verifying boards, scheduling ovens based on capacity and tester availability
• Maintaining the reliability lab – storage of equipment, hardware, and qualification samples, as well as ordering replacement parts and equipment
• In coordination with the Reliability Engineers and Sr. Reliability Technicians, organizing, prioritizing, and tracking all qualification products and shipments to and from global sites.
• Scheduling tester time, and in coordination with the Reliability Engineers, prioritizing and managing the list of ongoing qualifications.
• Providing weekly reports.
• Associates or 2 year Technical School in electrical engineering or physics.
• Minimum 2 yrs. experience as a Technician is an asset.
• Experience in a semiconductor company desired.
• Critical to success is the proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently on projects.
• Must possess excellent skills in problem solving, team work, verbal and written communications. Potential for growth within the department requires knowledge in electronics as well as circuit analysis. Hands-on experience with instrumentation and DC/RF characterization helpful.
• Proficiency in comprehensive numerical and graphical data analysis using Excel and other software tools is desired. Experience in testing components, such as Power Amplifiers, WLAN and mixed signal, using Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, and network analyzers is an asset.
• After the initial training period, the work hours start at approximately, Monday-Friday 3pm – 11:30pm
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Testing, Instrumentation, Technology, Engineering