Are you an experienced procurement professional looking for a new challenge? If so, we invite you to apply to join our dynamic and growing team of procurement professionals. The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM), located in the National Capital, is offering an exciting opportunity to work for a global leader in the development and production of currency, bullion products and numismatic collector coins. The RCM is looking for experienced individuals with proven track record in leading procurement activities. You also possess great relationship building and communication skills.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Procurement, Royal Canadian Mint (RCM), the Senior Category Specialist is a role that applies a rigorous professional approach to the RCM's procurement of a range of goods and services on behalf our internal clients? You will develop and execute sourcing strategies which will deliver the best overall value to the RCM.Ã Your experience in procurement and contracting will be called upon to negotiate the best outcomes for the RCM.
Language Requirements: English essential. Bilingualism is an asset.
Education and Experience
- University degree in business administration, commerce, finance, economics or equivalent and / or
- Completion of Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) designations, or Certified Public Procurement officer certification (CPPO).
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience leading large dollar procurements over $250,000 with responsibility for the entire process from planning to tender and award.Ã Specifically, conducting RFI. RFQ, RFP and NRFP processes
- Developing Statements of Work (SOW) and evaluation criteria
- Knowledge of contract law and application of trade agreements to procurement activities
- Working with internal client and Legal departments on tender documents and contracts
- Experience in providing advice and recommendations to internal clients on all aspects of procurement and contracting for goods and services.
- Procurement experience desired in the following categories, but not absolutely necessary:Ã transportation (both secure and regular), storage, packaging products, building services, construction and large scale manufacturing operationsÃ Ã
- Strong verbal and Ã written communications skills
- Experience in Project Management.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to leverage category management best practices and concepts to maximize value and deliver the procurement activities in an efficient manner
- Excellent collaborative and relationship skills in order to work with clients on procurement planning, requirements gathering, and strategies for bid evaluations
- Ability to provide recommendations to clients and management on procurement strategies
- Ensure procurements are executed according to policy guidelines, and trade agreements while observing the need for fairness, and transparencyÃ
- Provide guidance to internal clients on all aspects of the competitive procurement process.
- Ability to work in partnership with Legal and internal client departments to ensure inputs are reflected accordingly throughout the procurement and contracting process.
- Advanced communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Proven self-starter, able to work independently, manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to develop vendor negotiation strategies
- Identify and resolve vendor performance issues to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.Ã
- Participate in business reviews with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Facilitate various vendor assessments, such as financial, risk and vendor capabilities, negotiates financial instruments (payment bonds, letters of credit, etc.) with vendors
- Ensure all procurement documents are accurately and properly maintained and recorded
- Strong analytical and research capabilities in areas supporting assigned procurement categories.
- Category management, supply chain and procurement knowledge
- Demonstrated success helping Stakeholders develop statements of work, scoping documents in support of their business requirements.
- Experience delivering improvements and modernization to procurement departments
- Strong experience with MS office suite.
- Experience using e-Procurement systems and software
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.