Your role as the Software Developer - Sustaining Engineer will be to work with the product development team to develop and provide customer solutions, provide product support expertise and to help ensure the quality of product updates and maintenance fixes. You will require programming experience in Java, and ideally including C and C+ as well as a high degree of adaptability and creativity to succed in this position.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have proven experience working with complex server software systems on multiple OS platforms but most importantly Windows and Linux.
- be able to demonstrate a history of troubleshooting enterprise products and environments and can handle changing directions and multi-tasking.
- use their exceptional development skills primarily in Java to innovate sustainable solutions that solve our customer’s problems. Expertise in C and C++ would be an asset.
- love to work on a great cross functional team collaborating effectively with various groups to understand business objectives, customer needs and gaps, and deliver on the team objectives
- have great scripting skills, and will always prefer to automate in favor of manual work
- work fluently on a variety of platforms at varying heights in the web stack and have a desire to learn when necessary
- be quality focused, believe in unit testing and making their code easily debuggable in the field
- have a proactive, customer-oriented approach when troubleshooting problems and resolving issues related to product, process and tools.
- have experience in socket programming, knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies, and proven networking knowledge
- have knowledge or experience developing secure code and/or working in a security space
- have a bachelor of computer science degree (or equivalent)
For more information and to apply email: Resumes@HighTechGenesis.com and include “Job code: 004-074-HTG” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada