GBatteries is looking for a Digital Power Electrical Engineer experienced in design of digital control loops using Texas Instruments C2000 platform or similar. You will be working in a team of engineers and scientists to develop a reference design implementation solution for an adaptive battery management system. Tasks will include low-level firmware programming, part selection, PCB schematic and layout development, prototyping and fabrication.
- Low-level firmware digital power loop programming
- Design and troubleshoot electronic circuits including component selection, schematics capture and printed circuit board layout
- Generate required drawings and documentation for testing, manufacturing, product specification etc.
- Take a lead role in ensuring success of product from concept to production release
- Assure product quality by developing and executing test plans to verify production equipment prior to release
- Provide theoretical and hands on support to all departments
- Provide guidance and training to individuals as requested by management
- Switching power supply design
- TI Code Composer Studio IDE with controlSUITE(TM)
- Expert in TI C2000 real-time MCUs or similar
- Linear and Switching power supply
- Interfacing with PMIC for Li-ion battery charging
- Analog and power electronics design
- Feedback control
- Microcontroller designing and programming experience (C, C++)
- Test Automation and data processing (Python, Matlab)
- Hands on soldering skills
- Out-of-the-box thinker and results-oriented
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 5+ years experience of analog and power electronics design
Compensation and Perks
- Work on the most important problems in the field with a team who will challenge and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for substantial equity
- Great health benefits including full dental coverage
- Flexible vacation time
- Well-stocked fridge filled with drinks and snacks
The electrification revolution is moving full speed ahead. Electrical vehicles are on a path to replace conventional cars; electronic consumer devices, from smartphones to wireless headphones are flooding the market. The need for these devices to charge faster, and use longer lasting batteries has never been higher, and GBatteries is at the forefront of providing the solution with ActiveBMS - a technology which enables existing li-ion batteries to charge extremely fast and retain long life. We are a young, Ottawa based company with Silicon Valley roots, composed of a team of multi-disciplinary inventors and leaders that live to solve problems that truly matter.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and any other information you think would be useful.