QA Specialist REQ# 17000007
The Quality Assurance Specialist will take an active role in the design, development and execution of both manual and automated tests - in an Agile/SCRUM environment - involving both front-end and back-end validation against Entrust’s Certificate Services product line.
- Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability
- Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities
- Performs execution of test cases, test automation, captures test results, test metrics and reports them
- Identifies and tracks system defects. Performs root cause analysis of the defects and works with the development team to resolve them
- Partners with development team members to develop and establish quality assurance standards and best practices
- Performs quality assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization
- Builds automated processes for testing to improve quality and throughput
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues escalated from customer support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- Strong programming skills
- 3+ years of experience in a QA role
- 3+ years of experience in Agile/SCRUM environment
- 3+ years of experience in automation test framework concepts, development and execution for web based applications
- 3+ years of experience in automation development and execution for mobile based applications
- Strong knowledge of testing REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of web browser compatibility testing
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools and defect tracking protocols
- Must possess excellent overall attention to detail and quality
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Task driven with a great attitude and excellent communication skills
- Unrestricted work authorization within Canada
- Strong working knowledge of Telerik Test Studio for Web and Desktop in both building codeless and coded tests
- Strong working knowledge of Telerik Test Studio for API in both building codeless tests
- Working knowledge of Selenium Webdriver and the page-object model
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr)
- Experience with performance/scalability testing
Looking for someone that is a strong technical contributor who can quickly come up to speed on our existing system functionality, application infrastructure, both from a hardware and software perspective. The candidate filling this position must self-driven and able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
About Entrust Datacard
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com. Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacard encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact Nicole Mair at email@example.com or 613-270-3490 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Entrust Datacard Limited is an EOE/People with Disabilities employer.