Reporting to the Manager, Intellectual Property Technology Solutions will participate in major projects and campaigns, and provide market research, patent mining, technical analysis, documentation, and portfolio development. The Systems Analyst will provide technical and customer support to clients, and be responsible for addressing customer inquiries and concerns.
• Work closely with our client-facing sales and consulting teams to gather technical requirements from clients to build comprehensive proposals and quotations for IP solutions
• Evaluate patents and patent portfolios, and perform patent mapping exercises
• Work closely with internal teams to analyze reverse engineering results to determine relevance to the patent
• Develop comprehensive engineering solutions based on reverse engineering capabilities and advanced knowledge of IP service offerings
• Assist clients in patent litigation and licensing negotiations
• Support broader project teams in research, patent mining, patent analysis, documentation, and portfolio development.
• Develop best practices and solutions and provide support for patent development and strengthening efforts (i.e. extracting inventive concepts, searching for prior art materials, etc.)
• Ensure and maintain confidentiality policies appropriate to the client
• 8+ years relevant industry experience or equivalent academic experience in two or more of the following technical areas:
• Wireless Communications – standards, architecture and/or algorithm design or circuit implementation for various standards, including 5G Automotive
• CPU/Microprocessor architecture (ARM, Intel, VLIW, Tensilica) with emphasis on microprocessor Core and SoC architecture for servers & mobile platforms
• IoT, Smart Home and cloud-based services and technologies
• Interface/peripherals protocols (I2C, USB, SPI, UART) for ARM CPU architecture
• Autonomous vehicles and ADAS: architecture, implementation and certification
• AR, VR, AI, Broadband access systems, OTT and IPTV systems.
• Experimental techniques, hands-on lab experience in system and device-level functional testing using Logic/Signal/Network Analysers, BTS emulators, etc.
• Assets include experience in intellectual property services, such as:
• Due diligence and patent validity studies for patent acquisition and licensing
• Claims construction and analysis, Patent licensing and litigation
• Technology assessment, patent landscaping and white space identification
• IP watch/tracking and competitor portfolio profiling
• Conducting Prior Art and Freedom to Operate searches
• Strong analytical skills combined with ability to handle multiple sources of information
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
TechInsights is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.