Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Thales is known for its People1st philosophy and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. Join a dynamic and fast paced organization which is growing as a result of exciting new domestic and international projects.
To support our development, we are seeking a Desktop Application Developer for a full time role in Ottawa. The Desktop Application Developer will report to the Manager, Desktop Applications and will be responsible for design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of desktop application software products.
- Teaming with peer software developers, architects, and testers to build new and support pre-existing desktop applications;
- Establishment of software designs based on customer requirements;
- Utilization of tools and processes defined as part of the Thales Engineering Environment and process reference system;
- Enhancement of product quality through development and execution of software QA plans and design test execution;
- Production of necessary developer documentation, such as functional overviews, API documentation, code samples and best practices;
- Development support to customers;
- Identification, analysis and fixes for bugs identified during development, verification, customer test events and deployment; and
- Participation in the software estimation and planning process.
- Incorporation of system architecture in accordance with requirements specified by the Technical Authority (TA) and validated by the end-user stakeholders;
- Supporting a GUI-based desktop application, which defines the topology and configuration of a network incorporating various network bearers;
- Development in .NET framework and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited Canadian University;
- Direct experience with commercial software development;
- Hands-on experience with software design using modelling tools, object oriented programming languages such as C#, Java or C++ and GUI development;
- Experience in software application testing including unit testing and software application integration;
- Experience in scrum/agile software development methodologies;
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TFS);
- Knowledge of communication devices and network bearers an asset
All applicants must be able to obtain a Canadian NATO Secret clearance and meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program and ITAR.