Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Complete Systems Engineering (SE) tasks for requirements solicitation and analysis, basic and detailed design activities, systems integration and interface definition of navigation systems.
- Analyse, define and trace system requirements and recommend performance measures;
- Plan and execute the design of navigation systems
- Specify interface exchange requirements and develop interface control documents;
- Plan and execute a competitive procurement process
- Plan and execute the verification and validation of navigation systems
- Influence technical management areas including risk management approach, and risk mitigation strategies;
- Support the definition and estimation of work packages;
- Report regularly on progress using Systems Engineering dashboard metrics i.e. ETC, EAC, EV.
- Facilitate stakeholder agreement about changes to and management of the navigation requirements;
- Recommend Integrated Navigation System (INS) and Integrated Bridge System (IBS) navigation solution designs that are innovative, scalable, and adaptive;
- Provide expertise on the integration of navigation systems in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Influence Interface Control Documents (ICDs) between components;
- Gain agreement on business / mission needs and the Concept of Operations;
- Facilitate decisions on baseline changes with customer;
- Influences customer mitigation strategy and system acceptance;
- Recommend supplier approach to customer. Influence customer decisions based on chosen suppliers. Recommend supplier changes;
- Familiarity with the following are considered an asset: Lloyds Regiter Rules & Regulations, IEC standards, IMO Regulations, SOLAS regulations, Transport Canada marine Acts and Regulations;
- Maintain currency of Nav/Bridge system best practices, methodologies, initiatives and INS/IBS advancements.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree from an accredited Canadian University (or equivalent)
- P.Eng. (desirable)
- Considerable experience in ship Navigation and Bridge system development, selection, integration, or testing;
- Coast Guard or Navy experience an asset.
If this opportunity interests you, please visit www.thalesgroup.com/careers/ and apply using our online application tool. Thales thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thales is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applicants from the four designated groups (women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and aboriginals) to apply for employment. At Thales, we provide accessibility to people with disabilities. Should you require accommodations, please consult with your recruitment office and they will work with you to make any adjustments that best suit your individual needs. Should you wish to view a copy of our policy click here.