The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. We shape our country’s Internet infrastructure, employ cutting-edge technologies, and push the bounds of possibility. CIRA manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community and is a prominent voice on issues of national and international importance relating to Internet governance.
With over two and a half million .CA domain names registered and growing, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has been named by AON Hewitt as one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015 and platinum status for 2016 and 2017. We are looking for talented professionals who are passionate about the future of the internet and who value working with a seasoned team.
Who you are:
The notion of being part of the inner-workings and future of the Internet in Canada energizes you. You are passionate about quality. You can hold your own yet you know how to be diplomatic. You are dynamic, flexible, and enjoy a challenge. You are seeking an opportunity with a high possibility for advancement. You also have a demonstrated understanding of software quality assurance processes within an Agile environment, a strong technical knowledge of software development, and you are highly motivated and eager to develop and learn.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Create and execute tests and automated scripts using industry standard automation tools for new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Plan, document, deploy, and manage the testing effort of assigned features.
- Create and maintain test cases, in the context of appropriate types of testing (such as functional, performance, soak, etc.).Collaborate with developers and other departments in product testing, such as functional, system, automated regression, performance, and soak testing.
- Adhere to software development and quality assurance best practices.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Participate in the evaluation of new tools to help improve the testing process.
- Participate in the release process.
What you bring:
- Motivation and eagerness to contribute, develop, and learn.
- Completion of a recognised university or college degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar technical discipline.
- A minimum of two to five years relevant experience working in a client-server software testing environment on any platform.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices and design patterns
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle, Postgres, or MySQL
- Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
- Knowledge and experience with various platforms and technologies such as Windows, Linux/Unix, XML, https, ssh, and HTML.
- Proven experience defining, documenting, writing and executing organized, thorough test plans.
- Experience with test and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with GUI test tools such as Selenium, QTP, SilkTest, and Watir is an asset.Experience with Git, JIRA, Scrum is an asset.
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location near the heart of downtown Ottawa.
CIRA will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If accommodations are required, applicants are encouraged to make their requirements known in advance.