Kinaxis™ is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Sikorsky, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation features of world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for:
Corporate IT Senior Systems Administrator
As a member of our Corporate IT team, you will be supporting the server infrastructure with specific emphasis on building and delivering systems to the business and diagnosing issues impacting applications. The successful candidate should have the ability to research, design and implement hardware and software solutions. You will be responsible for the day to day operations and assuring the reliability and availability of all the infrastructure components. The candidate with the right skillset will focus on a variety of cloud-based infrastructure initiatives. A self-driven attitude with a sense of urgency, ability to manage projects and strong technical and interpersonal skills are key to being successful in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Installs and configures new servers in a virtual or physical server infrastructure
- Conduct analysis and planning of systems infrastructure to address the capacity needs of the business
- Responsible for regular log review process and identifying any security risks to the service and ensure appropriate remedial actions are taken
- Support the operations of IT infrastructure under strict change control and documentation processes
- Follow standard operating procedures while maintaining validated servers
- Provide support to Corporate IT systems via telephone, e-mail, and other tools
- Support infrastructure delivery activities to remote offices
- Resolve complex technical issues
- Foster an environment that strives for high availability of infrastructure required to support business systems
- Handle all IT infrastructure outages with proper and timely communications
- Follow proper Incident and Problem Management procedures
- Participate in the IT Emergency Response team
- Become the subject matter expect in respect to cloud services and methods of integrating with existing infrastructure and services
Technologies We Use
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of Virtualization: VMWare, XenServer, Cisco, Microsoft, (0365), Mitel PBX, Nimble and NetApp
Things You Should Have
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience managing medium infrastructure environments
- Networking and Active Directory experience is a must
- 5+ years’ experience using various monitoring tools to proactively monitor all aspects on the IT infrastructure
- Must have experience in managing and operating Corporate VOIP/collaboration solutions.
- Operational experience of High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments, such as load balancing, clusters, data replication, desktop imaging etc.
- Experience in a Storage Area Networks environment with data replication.
- Experience in managing various integration activities.
- Experience in the implementation and management of virtual PBX
- Strong technical leadership skills; proven team building capabilities
- Cisco Network experience with switches, routers and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability in staying abreast of technical developments and best practices in the industry and aligning them with strategic company objectives. Must have proven ability to realign priorities rapidly to meet changing business requirements.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be available for the occasional on call
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.)
- Ability to travel and possess a valid passport
Things That Would Definitely Help
- CCNA certification would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with databases and web programming languages
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.