Reporting to the General Manager, the Accountant is responsible for supporting Budget Development, Financial Reporting and the day-to-day accounting functions of the company, including posting journal entries, budget preparation, tracking cash flow and bank reconciliations, ensuring effective, efficient, and accurate financial and accounting operations. This position is also responsible for supporting project work towards effective and timely completion.
- General Accounting: Responsible for maintaince/oversight of day-to-day general ledger transactions, including drafting and input of journak entries, liaising with other departments in order to maintain an accurate and transparent accounting process.
- Performs month end and year end processing and reports as well as reconciliations and internal reports as required
- Liaisons with the parent company officers regarding budgeting, reporting, A/P, A/R, bank reconconcilations and special projects, proactively researching and resolving issues as required
- Creates and inputs GL entries and reconcile and balance GL accounts on a monthly basis according to company policies and procedures
- Develops and implements policies, processes, and procedures to ensure proper accounting function and financial documentation is provided.
- Prepares capital expenditure budgets and tracks project spending
- Oversee inventory counts and reports reconciliations
- Directs and understands full cycle accounting along with appropriate tools and internal controls
- Prepares and maintains budgets and schedules for multiple projects
- Complete internal financial reporting and significant spreadsheets
- Prepares information HST fillings and tax fillings
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum college Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years in progressive experience in accounting office environment. (Experience working in a high-pace technology environment would be an asset)
- General knowledge of A/P and A/R, general ledger accounts structure
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Intermediate skills in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and other MS programs
- Able to adapt and change priorities at a moment’s notice in fast-pace environment
- Team oriented with open communication style
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- hinese mandarin is an assert.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested, please send the following documents in your application to HR@aplas.ca
- Your resume
- A cover letter identifying your area of expertise.
- Other supporting documents if applicable.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.